Scholastic Literacy Pro -Sign In
- What is Scholastic Literacy Pro
- Literacy Pro Features
- The Teacher Experience
- Check Compatibility
- Expert research
Literacy Pro is a browser-based platform accessible on multiple operating systems and devices. Literacy Pro library allows students to select eBooks from the online library collection and read them in and out of school, with 24/7, simultaneous access to more than 2,300 Scholastic eBooks. Students have their own custom bookshelf areas. Students also have an online profile showing their Lexile measure, books read, and other important reading data.
The Essential Classroom Management Tool:
In Literacy Pro, the teacher has access to all the same amazing titles as the student. Teachers have a similar experience as students. They have access to the entire eBook library, and they are in charge of the students’ access
Teacher can also manage their reading preference settings as well as view all Think More’s answer keys.
- Choose Leveling Preference
- Option to expand reading libraries
- Here is what the Settings section looks like and this is where:•Teachers can set their reading level preference: Guided Reading or Lexile. This setting will affect the structure of your reporting data. And how student can filter more for titles.•And teachers also can expand the libraries' their class has available.• As an example here: This class is set at grade 3 and is pre-checked. And then grade 2 and 4 have been added to open up the titles available to the students. This may help support your striving readers or those ready for more challenging books). You can even choose to open up all grades if you want as well.
NOTE: Teacher’s can enter each Lexile (or use SRM) and GRL, but they will not be able to view the measures side-by-side. Nor does Literacy Pro convert measures. So for example, GRL is entered and you switch to Lexile view, the Lexile level will not show. Though if teachers want to, they are welcome to input each and switch preferences and print reports to compare measures.
View “Think Mores”
- Correct and Incorrect answers
- Skill noted by question
- And here is an example of the Think More from the teacher view.
- Students will see the correct answers along with the high-order thinking skill associated to each question. These are all printable.
Data and Reporting
- Above is a view of student dashboard. Here you will see high level data points including: usage, total books read, average reading level, average Think More score, points earned, and goals met.
- Plus you will get view into what books they are reading and interests they have! You truly will get a great understanding on your students reading experience…
- What is important here: You get a “at-a-glance” view of your entire class. You will see everything you need to know that is relevant to your classrooms reading experiences and usage. Everything you need to know!! Essentially you are getting 7 reports here across the classroom overview dashboard:
- Usage, total minutes read
- Reading, total books reading
- Leveling, median level of Classroom. (GRL or Lexile depending on teacher setting)
- Think More, average score
- Points, total earned
- Goals, how many met.
Below is a view of student dashboard. Here you will see high level data points including: usage, total books read, average reading level, average Think More score, points earned, and goals met.
Plus you will get view into what books they are reading and interests they have! You truly will get a great understanding on your students reading experience…
Literacy Pro is a browser-based platform and is accessible on multiple operating systems and devices, in and out of school, 24/7.